ACWA’s Out-Of-Home Care (OOHC) Forum meets on the first Tuesday of every month and provides an opportunity for practitioners in service delivery to examine OOHC issues, discuss key areas of common interest and concern and to network with other care providers.
Main topics of discussion include:
- Keep Them Safe reforms
- Funding reform
- Case management responsibility
- All inclusive funding
- Capacity building
- Recruitment (foster carers and workers)
- Workforce development
- Practice solutions in provision of care
- Permanency planning and court orders
- Access and contact strategies to improve care for children and young people
- Liaison with Community Services Child and Family Directorate and other relevant authorities
- Training and retaining foster carers
- Young people's participation
ACWA also conducts a Southern OOHC Forum at Wollongong on the fourth Thursday of every third month. Practitioners meet at the office of Southern Youth and Family Services to discuss OOHC issues in their region.
In 2009, ACWA established a Residential OOHC Forum to discuss issues specifically related to Residential Care. This forum meets in Sydney on the first Tuesday of every second month.
Snapshot of ACWA Out-of-Home Care Forums
|OOHC Sydney||Telopea||1st Tuesday of every month|
|OOHC Southern||Wollongong||4th Thursday of every 3rd month (Feb, May, Aug, Nov)|
|Leaving Care Working Party||North Parramatta||2nd Friday of every 3rd month (Mar, June, Sep, Dec)|
ACWA members can find more information about upcoming ACWA Out-of-Home Care Forums and access best practice resources in the Members' Area.
For more information about ACWA’s Out-Of-Home Care Forums, please contact ACWA on (02) 9281 8822 or by email.